Sunday, March 27, 2011

To a dear friend...

Falling
and failing
arms tired,
flailing.
I see you
slow dying;
eyes empty,
lying.
My hand is extended
if only you'd take it
but you reach for my heart
wanting only to break it.
And if I say nothing
your pain is my burden,
but if I speak open
I would lose you for certain.
So it's lose you to me
or lose you to the world;
my selfish heart aches
for what has to be done.
You're lost
spinning,
spiraling,
deflating your sails.
We all try to help you
but all of us fail.
So tell me dear friend
what it is that you see
when you chance your reflection
do you recognize she?
Or are you a stranger
even unto yourself;
a shade of person
now hollow, a shell.
Please don't let me lose you.
Please don't leave me lonely.
Please don't keep on like this.
Please don't turn from me slowly.
My every hope and my every prayer
is for you to remain whole and happy and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment